Tuition & Financial Aid | Common Questions

Common Questions

Tell me more about federal financial aid.
To see if you qualify for federal financial aid, you must file a Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) every school year and release it to College Unbound (school code 042836). You also need to provide any requested documents and accept your award.

The federal government uses a formula to determine your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) and your Cost of Attendance (based on your enrollment) that will determine how much, if any, aid you receive. To receive aid, you must not be in default on any previous federal student loans. You also must make Satisfactory Academic Progress as outlined in the Academic Catalog.

You may receive a Pell Grant that does not need to be repaid. You may also qualify for federal student loans that must be repaid with interest. College Unbound strives to ensure affordability and urges students to contact a financial aid advisor before accepting federal loans.
The federal government selects about a third of students for verification. This simply means you need to provide additional documentation to ensure you receive the proper amount of aid. If you have been selected for verification, we will inform you of the documentation you need to provide.
If you drop a class after the 21st day of the session in which the class is offered, you will incur full tuition liability for the class.
A negative balance occurs if scholarships and/or loans you accepted exceed the cost of tuition and fees. If you have a negative balance, the college will send you a check by mail within a few days of the federal government sending the college your federal aid.

If you need help completing the FAFSA, the College Planning Center offers free assistance.


For financial aid questions, you can contact a College Unbound financial aid advisor Tom Norton at [email protected].


For billing or payment questions, please contact us at (401) 414-7536.